Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Day 6 - A Beary Nice Surprise

Good evening all!

Today was my first day going back to work.  On the one hand, it was nice to get back with my team and feel like I was doing something constructive at the place that pays me, on the other hand, I really missed getting to walk my daughter to clinic, and being there to walk her back.  She survived without me, or so my wife tells me...

I did accomplish things at work today, even made some progress towards our current sprint being done.  Then, I went home to make sure the dogs hand't forgotten me.  They went CRAZY!!!  Blitzen is already half way there most of the time, but I could hear both of them as I walked up to the door.  They were whining, and the dancing and licking and excitement that ensued when I came through the door definitely made me feel loved.  Almost as much as the sad whining as I later had to walk out the door and lock it behind me made me feel very sad I had to leave them there.  A huge thanks to Gary who is keeping an eye on our four legged children while we are taking care of our two legged one.

Other than that, Amelia made a new friend at clinic today, a new patient.  It sounded like they might have hit it off and made friends, which is good.  Amelia has always been such a sweet and friendly girl.  I hope she is good at making a new girl feel accepted and included.

Once she got back, we were going to play Monopoly with one of the other girls staying at Ronald McDonald House.  This other girl had won a raffle for one of two possible LARGE stuffed animals.  A LARGE bunny, or a LARGE bear...  I guess she had won once before, and her mother had made her promise to give it away if she won again... So, before we played Monopoly, Amelia got a bit of a surprise...
She has named him "Big Brown Cotton Ball..."  I don't know... I don't ask.  She comes up with them ALL on her own...  Though it is kind of hard to tell in the picture, Amelia IS taller than the bear, by about a head.  My mother suggested we might require a UHaul when it is time to leave just to get all of Amelia's stuffed animals home... She might not be wrong...

All-in-all, a good day.  Amelia wanted to come back to the room and just rest for a bit after Monopoly, play on her tablet, maybe head to bed early.  We wonder if she needs more calories a day, and have a couple other questions for the doctor when we meet with her tomorrow.  Progress is good.  We are happy to see our little girl doing so well, but we are also trying not to get too excited about things because her medication alone will require here to be here almost a month for it to take full effect.

One last thing, that Amelia could use some prayer for.  Where her NG tube is taped to her face with tagoderm, she is developing some skin irritation,  Pray that taking that off and adding some duoderm underneath for the tagoderm to be attached to will help clear that up.  She has always had sensitive skin, and it looks like the current setup is really rough on her poor little cheek.  Thanks for all the prayers, good thoughts, well wishes, and love sent our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment