Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Day 12 - Short Tempers and Frustrations

So, three of us living in a room the size of a decent sized hotel room, with the exception of some nice common areas we can spend time in, but one of the adults always having to be with the 6-year old... Yes, tempers get short from time to time...  We are human, we aren't perfect...  To make things tougher, I "get" to go back to work... meaning that I get out of the small area that Katherine and Amelia sometimes feel confined to and I get to travel...

Today, I went to work after our Parent Toolbox class at Kartini Clinic.  There, I actually accomplished a few tasks, and started on a couple others.  Then, I went home to Kelso, to pick up a few things we were missing or could use.  I stopped by Amelia's school and picked up the Valentine's from her class.  I also picked up a gift card that the deacons at our church had purchased for us to help with incidentals.

NOTE: To all my family at the Grove and East Hills... Thank you so much!  The gift card was more than I was expecting, and it will definitely help with costs.  We are trying not to go home very often, but gas back and forth, even to and from work, is going to add up quick.  BIG thanks!

While I was picking things up, I started to get messages from Katherine about Amelia driving her crazy because she wouldn't drink her liquids... I think we all need a little break from each other or at least a little down time...  HOPEFULLY, with my mother coming up tomorrow to watch Amelia for the evening, we (me and Katherine) will be able to get out for the evening and maybe catch a movie, possibly dinner?  Here's hoping.

We love our daughter, and we would do anything for her, but even the woman leading the Parent Toolbox class stated this morning that we need to take some time to take care of us, or we will be no good for taking care of our sweet girl...

So, for those looking for something to pray for, pray for Serenity to get through the day, and handle the frustrations of something our daughter can't help.  Pray we remember that it will pass, eventually, and until it does, pray for peace and patience.  Pray for strength and fortitude in the day to day, with the tight quarters and the much smaller living space than we are used to.  Pray for our nerves, our tempers, and pray for grace, that we receive from others, but also that we give to others...

I am realizing more and more, that even though we have kind of gotten to a "normal" day to day here, that when people ask "how are things?" and my first reaction is to say "fine..." that it really isn't... there is a LOT going on that is just hard to put into words.  Everything I said above, about the close quarters, about remembering what we are dealing with and all... That wears on one in ways you don't always realize until sometimes it explodes... So, we go day to day, hoping and praying that we can diffuse these issues before they explode. Praying for grace to be at peace with our situation and be there for our daughter while being there for each other.

Thank you to all the friends and family who continue to keep up on us, who send things to Amelia (thanks to Mrs. Shea from the Grove/East Hills for the most recent package), who continue to pray for us, who have reached out and supported us financially.  Every action helps.  Nothing is missed, and all of it is appreciated.  Thank you all, for without each of you, we would not be able to be here for Amelia, and that is the most important thing here.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment