Friday, March 9, 2018

Day 36 - Celebration!

The journey is not over, we still have lots of work at home to do, but today was a day of celebration.  Today was Amelia's last day at the Kartini Clinic.  She went, they had a bit of a party for her, and then we picked her up.  She said her goodbye's, gave hugs, and then we left.  We are staying at the Ronald McDonald House through the weekend, so we went back there. 

For dinner tonight, we went out and had pizza, and finished the evening off with ice cream.  It was a great evening and Amelia had a wonderful time.  She seems happy to be heading home soon.  She has plans for the weekend, including OMSI, and just having fun her last weekend down here in Portland.

Me, on the other hand, have a fun Saturday ahead of me of getting the recycling taken care of, getting a new water heater installed, getting a new dryer installed, doing some cleaning around the house before Katherine and Amelia come home on Sunday, and then driving back down to Portland so we can pack up and head home on Sunday...  My weekend is going to be quite busy...

But it still feels good to know she is done here.  Watching her eat tonight, I don't remember a single time having to tell her to chew and swallow.  She ate a goodly amount, she ate, drank, swallowed all relatively reflexively.  She did amazing.  I was so proud of my little girl tonight. 

So, it is late, we just got back (Amelia and I, mommy is walking from ice cream with our visitors), and I just got Amelia in bed.  Now, I am packing some things up to pack into the car tonight so that tomorrow morning when I leave EXTRA early, I can take a bunch of the stuff home with me that we don't need here over the rest of the weekend (like a LOAD of stuffed animals....). 

Thanks to everyone for keeping up on Amelia.  As we head home, these entries might not come as frequently, but I will continue to try updating how Amelia is progressing, any setbacks, any struggles, and things of that sort.  Thank you all again.

1 comment: