Monday, March 12, 2018

Back Home

I realized I forgot to post yesterday.  I think part of it was just being so tired, so drained from finally getting home, and from everything that we had to do once we got home.  Things that you never think about when you have to up and leave suddenly for medical issues...

We had to clean out the refrigerator... I don't mean toss out this or that.  I mean pull out the heavy duty contractor garbage bag and fill it with almost everything in the refrigerator.  On the up side, I took all the drawers out and washed them, wiped down the inside until the whole thing sparkled, and now the refrigerator is nice and clean.  Katherine is slowly working on filling it back up now.

We were out of pellets for the pellet stove, and our usual place to get them was out, so I had to go looking for some today.  I finally found them at Home Depot (woohoo!) so now Katherine and Amelia (and the dogs) won't have to wake up to a frigid house (me on the other hand... well someone has to get up and get it going).

Amelia was glad to be home.  She ran up to her play room for a while and got reacquainted with everything.  The best part is she seems to be eating like our little girl again.  Tonight for dinner was top sirloin steak with mashed potatoes and steak juice on the potatoes, broccoli, and milk...  And she ate quite a goodly portion of all of it.  Good to see her enjoying dinner again.

Lastly, Katherine kept on marveling at the fact that we could all be so close here, yet not right on top of each other, and not where we had to constantly SEE each other (or have one of us with Amelia at ALL times).  It was a nice change of pace.

It was a late night for Amelia, as she didn't get to bed until late, and Katherine didn't get back from the grocery store until late, so that made dinner late and everything else with it.  That's okay because Amelia didn't have to go to school today, but it sounds like she IS going back tomorrow.

I think that is it for the most part.  I went back to work today, actually feeling like I was getting back to a relatively regular schedule.  It felt good to start getting back into old routines.  I did have to stop by the old pediatrician's office on the way home to sign the paperwork to send all Amelia's information to the NEW Pediatrician.  The receptionist who has known us since Amelia was born and has watched Amelia grow asked why we were changing.  I had to make up some reason of the new pediatrician was recommended by Dr. Moshtael for follow-up care and such...  I didn't want to say "because if her original pediatrician had seen this weight loss, she would have been glad, not alerting us to some kind of problem..."  It is what it is.  We will go somewhere where we feel Amelia will be best cared for.  At this time, Katherine and I aren't changing doctors, but no idea about the future.

Working on planning summer projects and vacations and the like.  Trying to figure out where we want to go and when, and what we are doing project wise and otherwise around those things.  Looking at getting life back on the rails!

No comments:

Post a Comment