Friday, March 2, 2018

Day 29 - Home For the Weekend

Well, at least Katherine and I are home for the weekend.  Amelia is spending the weekend with Nama at the Ronald McDonald House.  Tonight, they are celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday, followed by Chinese New Year.  I am sure she is in the best of hands.  It was still tough to leave me little sweetheart, even just for a couple of nights.

But, we did.  We stopped off and looked for a couple of things for the auction (we have to look presentable and all of that), and then we went out to dinner.  When we got home, Blitzen and Zephyr (our dogs) were ecstatic to see us, and Kami and Grendel (our cats) were there to greet us too.  Blitzen got REALLY worried when we had to go out again.  We had to go and get me some gauze for a really bad chafing spot I had from a run earlier in the week.  I am still not walking right.  But, we came back, and now, excited by the prospect of snuggling with us, he is curled up on the bed, waiting for us to join him.

It is nice being back in OUR place.  Our house, with our pets, and our stuff.  Ronald McDonald House has been so amazing, and in ways, we will be sad when we finally leave.  But, in other ways, this is where we belong.  With our friends and church family, Amelia's schoolmates and friends, the people and places we know and go.  It feels really good to be back here visiting.  It will feel even better when we get to bring Amelia back here too.

So, I think we are going to head to bed (because we KNOW how to have fun on a Friday night...), curl up in bed with the dog, maybe watch a movie, and enjoy sleeping in our own bed for the first time in a month.  Yeah, I know.  Sounds REAL exciting, but right now, that is all I really want to do.  I would love to hug and kiss my girl goodnight too, but I think we will both have to survive for a couple of nights without that.

Thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts.  We hope to see some of you at the school auction tomorrow night, or at the Grove on Sunday.  I wish we had enough time to visit everyone and thank everyone in person, but this weekend is going to be mostly getting ready for the auction tomorrow (at least on Katherine's part... I just have to get slacks and a shirt, and I am good to go!).  She has a hair appointment tomorrow, has to do her makeup, and get her dress on...  Will definitely get some pics of that for tomorrow night's blog post.  I can say, as I have seen it already, she looks STUNNING!

Soon enough, we will be back home, and then we might look at having an open house here for anyone who wants to come by and say welcome home to Amelia to have a chance to do that.  Until then, thank you all for tuning in, following along, and everything you have done to help us through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment