Saturday, March 3, 2018

Day 30 - Dressed to the Nines

Tonight was Amelia's School's Annual Auction.  We had tickets, and Katherine had a dress, so my mother graciously came up to watch Amelia for the weekend at Ronald McDonald House, and we got to come home last night and sleep in our OWN bed.  Everyone here loved that, from the cats to the dogs to us.  They loved it so much, this was the scene early this morning when I got up....

Everyone was so happy to cuddle and sleep.  Blitzen (the brown dog) was so happy he would follow us everywhere wagging his tail.  He is a snuggle bug, and gets very cold in the winter... So, he snuggles under the covers for warmth...

Anyway, today, we have been getting multiple updates from my mother on how Amelia has been doing.  It sounds like she had a decent sized breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with a number of snacks throughout the day.  She was quite active, and she and Nama played a lot.  And then, when it was time for bed, it took about two minutes for Amelia to drop off to sleep.

While they were doing all of that at Ronald McDonald House, meanwhile, in Kelso, Katherine had a hair appointment, and I hit up Ross Dress for Less to find a completely new outfit that would fit me and look good to try to complement her outfit (near impossible to do, but I had to try), and then we got ready for and attended the Annual Auction.
I think Katherine pulled it off amazingly well, looked absolutely stunning, and got MANY compliments on how great she looked.  We had dinner, talked with friends and families of classmates about how Amelia was doing, what the latest was, etc...  We also got to watch the 1st Grade Class Project that I helped with get auctioned off as two separate items, for a total of $800.  That made me feel a LOT better about all the hours I put into making those with the 1st Grade Class.  We finished off the evening with a short trip to the Red Lion Inn's Bar where Maestro Alan was spinning the jams.  We spent a little time there, and then we headed home.

Once we got home, Katherine had the idea to put on some slow dance music and dance here ourselves... That is when I learned she had never actually slow danced with anyone because she never went to school dances.  She was even willing to slow dance to one of my old favorites, Bryan Adams "Everything I Do, I Do It For You."  I remember riding 45 minutes on my bike, 15 miles from Monmouth to Salem, Oregon to buy the Robin Hood Prince of Thieves soundtrack (on cassette tape) so I could get that song...  I was 14 and used my own money from my first job.  She poked at it a little,but she still danced with me for the whole song. 

I love her, I love my sweet girl Amelia, and I wouldn't make it through every day without them.

1 comment:

  1. Katherine your dress is amazing and looks almost as beautiful as you!

    ReplyDelete